Every year, my sister and I try to get creative with Christmas presents to each other! Our gifts are always a unique spin on something we love (she didn't even know cheese-filled pickles were a thing), something we can do together (a wine-tasting, pasta-pairing, weekend in the Finger Lakes), or an inside joke - the best is when we combine all three!
Since I'm always trying to think outside the [gift] box, I thought maybe you'd like some ideas too!
#1 Pick - Custom/Handmade is Always a Win
Hey DIYer, feeling crafty? But if you're running out of time, there are so many talented people in Buffalo that can give you a hand.
- Stop in Whimsy Confections where owner Michele makes beautiful (and delicious) hand-painted bon-bons! They make such a unique, local gift!
- There are so many holiday markets hosted across the city where you peruse a variety of gifts, at a wide-range of prices, made by an assortment of vendors! Check out Totally Buffalo's Procrastinator's Pop Up Shop or the Broadway Market this weekend! Some of the hardest people to shop for are teachers, coaches, neighbors and co-workers - you'll find plenty of token gifts perfect for all of them!
#2 Pick - Girls Night Out
As we get older, my friends and I do not spend as much together as we used to! It's crazy with careers, kids, and life. Make the time to spend time catching up by giving the gift of something you can do together!
- Celebrate an early Christmas by getting tickets to one of the TKBC shows. Before the show stop at Ballyhoo for a Jam Session - they're delicious!
- Go see any of the upcoming acts at Helium Comedy Club. I've been there countless times and always have a great time! Preacher Lawson (from America's Got Talent) will be there in January.
- Enjoy dinner at Tappo (can't beat a $16 bottle of wine) and grab some tickets to see Spring Awakening at Shea's 710 Theatre
- Get your favorite gals together and have a craft night. Open a bottle wine and stay in your sweats because StudioHue will come right to you or get dressed up and have a night out on the town in our studio (coming in January!) or at a partnering venue.
#3 - Gift Card
I know, I know - doesn't sound very personal but there are so many awesome places where your friends and family can go and have a fun experience!
- Rusty Nickel Brewing Company - Try a flight of their farm-to-table beers or take a growler home! They offer plenty of different styles plus an entire offering of mixologies.
- Hatchets and Hops - Yes, there is a place in Buffalo where you can have a beer and throw a hatchet! Hatchets and Hops is a sporting venue that merges the rustic spirit of axe throwing with the urban industrial heritage of the Great Lakes cities.
- StudioHue Craft pARTies - Order a gift card online for your besties and relatives and plan on attening a party together in the new year! Have you seen our DIY Buffalo Plaid Buffalo Pallet class? I'm in love!
- Public Espresso - Because let's be honest, who doesn't want to start their day with a cup of coffee? Check out their new digs in Hotel Lafayette, in the heart of downtown Buffalo.
Only 10 days left until Christmas! Happy Shopping! :)